Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Another patriotic item I've recently listed in my etsy shop

Patriotic Handmade Coasters with Crochet Holder for July 4thI've recently created these patriotic crochet cotton drink coasters, with red and white crochet holder.  Cotton coasters are great because they are super absorbent, and they can be thrown into the washing machine for cleaning.    I picture these coasters on a picnic table for the 4th of July, or on a table for a military homecoming celebration (which is something I'm familiar with, as my son is in the US Marine Corps).  The holder was made with two strands of yarn held together, one red, and one white, and it was stiffened using a product from the craft store, called "Stiffy".  Which seems to be white glue mixed with some other medium.  It actually works very well.  The coasters are just a standard circle, outlined in a thin scallop for extra design.  They can be found in my etsy shop at this link:    http://www.etsy.com/listing/76664632/patriotic-handmade-coasters-with-crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment